help for candle please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftymommy

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my soy wax, once it is dry there is a dimple surface, especially from the side a pour the wax. I have let it cool, before a poured it, tried pouring slower. what im I doing wrong. this was hobby lobby soy wax, could I have bad wax?

have you had problems with holes after you burn your candle? I can burn mind for awhile then blow it out, and once it dries, it has ugly sandy looking holes in it:?

If you don't burn a candle until it melts to the sides, then you will have a crater in the middle. Are you using the correct wick?

what lsg said -
plus the wax may have had air trapped in it, which will leave holes as you burn/blow out. Or if you pour too hot. Also if it is 100% soy - pure and clean - it has a unique personality and can do that at times...

I found this video helpful as I am new to candle making.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsen8TTQ1ss[/ame]

I doubt the OP will see this as they haven't been in here in a year.

I had the same problem with 100% soy wax. @stacyspy suggested adding some beeswax to the mix, and that solved the problem for me. I'm new to candles, so I can't really offer much help besides that...

Latest posts

Back