Essential oils-milky top

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claudsoap

Reaction score
Hello,

So I made a batch of LS and separated into 2 bottles.

I scented 1 with peppermint EO and it turned out great!

I scented the other one with a combo of Lemon, Orange and Pink Grapefruit essential oils. After a week I now have a milky layer on the top and some of the bottles have floating particles. It looks terrible.

I didnt use PS80. I added the essential oils while soap was warm.

Any recos would be appreciated.

Also Ive tried to find a thread on ES for LS with no luck. Id love to learn a little more on how each essential oil will work with liquid soap. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great too!

Ok. I wonder why it was okay with the Pepermint EO?! I've never used PS80 before. How do I use it? Can I just add a few drops to my bottle or is it to late?

Ok. I wonder why it was okay with the Pepermint EO?! I've never used PS80 before. How do I use it? Can I just add a few drops to my bottle or is it to late?
I believe so! I've only made liquid soap once and haven't tried fragrancing it yet, but I used Irish Lass's instructions and she recommended adding equal amounts of PS80 and the fragrance. Hopefully she or Susie can add more advice for you!

Susie,

If you don't use PS80 have you ever come across my issue? Or do u use something else?

I occasionally have the issue when I use citrus EOs. I only use EOs in my liquid soap, and almost always citrus (I bought a whole bunch of citrus EOs before I knew that they did not work well in CP bar soap, so I have been using them up for a long, long time.), so this is not a frequent occurrence. I just use up the batch and mark the bottle as "do not use in liquid soap". I do not sell soap, so I do not get stressed if it is not perfectly clear. Occasionally I remember to shake the bottle before using it, most often not, though.

Latest posts

Back