Moisturizing Spray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flutter

Reaction score
So I have been using this spray moisturizer for a while now and I thought I'd share.

What I do is basically start with this recipe here - http://blog.freepeople.com/2015/08/rose-moisturizing-spray

However, I use a wild violet infused rice bran oil instead of the almond oil, and then I add a few drops of lavender EO too.

I use this on my face mostly (works nicely as a dewy makeup setting spray too), but sometimes (when I am in a hurry) I use it all over too. I love the way it smells and it feels nice too.

Hi it looks interesting . Looks like regular oil spray but
"Materials:

Spray bottle (I found mine at Whole Foods – dark glass ensures your oils won’t break down if exposed to sun)

Rose water (as pure and organic as possible)

Vegetable glycerin

Sweet almond oil (or body oil of choice — jojoba works well too)

Optional: Additional essential oils" Where is emulsifier and preservative, there is water in it?

Hi it looks interesting . Looks like regular oil spray ...

Whatever it is; I like it and figured I'd share ;)

...Where is emulsifier and preservative, there is water in it?
There is no emulsifier, I just shake it before each use. There is no preservative in the recipe, but the rice bran oil I use does have vitamin E in it. I use the spray within about 3 months or so and have never had any issues.

The only water in mine is a store bought rose water; there may be a preservative in that, but the label just says rose water.

Whatever it is; I like it and figured I'd share ;)

There is no emulsifier, I just shake it before each use. There is no preservative in the recipe, but the rice bran oil I use does have vitamin E in it. I use the spray within about 3 months or so and have never had any issues.

The only water in mine is a store bought rose water; there may be a preservative in that, but the label just says rose water.

If the label doesn't list any extra ingredients, there's no preservative in it. I don't mind recipes like this if you know that you are going to use the contents super quick and store it in the fridge but a recipe like this needs a preservative in it to prevent bacteria, fungi, and other cooties from growing in the bottle. Vitamin E is not a preservative but it can help prevent oils from going rancid. EOs are also not preservatives and many of them are too harsh to use on your face.

Latest posts

Back