Has anyone soaped black seed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelion

Reaction score
as a scent or as a percentage of the soap recipe. I am getting some request for black seed or black cumin oil. Anyone know anything about it?

Yes, I have soaped black cumin seed oil. It is definitely not a fragrance and it colors the batch itself to a grayish/green. I do not know if the properties of it comes through to the soap though so it might be better used in a lotion but I really like the soap. I only added about 1 oz ppo because it is very expensive oil. I do not make any medical claims with my soap, but I do not sell it either. Here is some info on it: http://www.kitchendoctor.com/herbs/black_cumin.php

I do not know if all of this is true either.

thanks for the info, I'm headed to whole foods, I may try it in some hp after cook.

I made my black seed soap yesterday. It turned out wonderful. Tallow, peanut, castor and pko. 1/2 oz black seed oil and the contents of 3 black seed capsules. My eyes were reopened to using full water. I had planned to hp, but when the batter was so smooth, creamy and slow to trace, I dumped all the ingrediants in, 2 oz of frag and did a blue swirl.

I added a wee bit of geranium and french vanilla. In the finished soap you can still pick up a slight peppery scent of the black seed. The tallow turned a beautiful white and hopefully the fench vanila fo won't discolor.

Latest posts

Back