Second Try Success!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hux

Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with the outcome of my first CP attempt, but I really feel like my second one was a smash success.

http://yfrog.com/0wimg0793wj

These are Apple Cinnamon tea bars. I boiled 32 oz of water and then threw 4 bags of apple cinammon tea in there and let it steep for 12 minutes. I removed the tea bags and let the water cool back down to temperature, and then proceded as normal (18 oz olive, 9 oz coconut, 9 oz palm), replacing the water with the tea at a 33% lye concentration.

When I reached a heavy trace, I added Apple Autumn FO, and the contents of 2 or 3 of the tea bags (after mixing it with about 1 tbsp olive oil so it wouldn't be clumpy).

They smell great, I love the color, and the speckling from the tea is nice too. I'm hoping the tea bits will harden enough to exfoliate, but even if they don't, I think it still looks neat.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Very very nice! :D
Looks so natural - love it!

Regarding the tealeaves: I find them rather harsh, once they dry; but that may depende on the type of tea you use I think.
Still love it though

I love speckles and I think the contrast between the speckles and the soap are fantastic. LOOKS FABULOUS - congradulayshuns!

Latest posts

Back