Vanilla Stabilizer for MP Soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bablondie25

Reaction score
I've been making a lot of fun M & P soaps, but when I got to the Peppermint Patty scent, I noticed that the coloring of my soaps with coloring in them (soap dye) turning a little brown. Does Vanilla Stabilizer do that in scents with vanilla in them and how do I use it, etc? Any experience with it? Also- for Body butters, my body butters will turn brown.

It will help with browning fragrances. With butters.... I don't know. If you don't want to buy vanilla color stabilizer, New Directions Aromatics has a base that already has it premixed in the base

I make a vanilla bean body butter and it is my top seller. For some reason the body butters don't turn brown. However, when I am making soap I use 1:1 ratio of Vanilla Stabilizer to FO. It works great. You just put them in a small bowel and blend them with a spoon. Let them sit a few minutes then stir again and pour into you base. I don't remember why you let them sit but I think it has to do with the stabilizer bonding to the FO.
Hope this helps!

Back