Is this discoloring from the FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellsoap

Reaction score
I made goat milk soap Thursday night. I mix water with my lye and add the GM to the oil mixture. I used td and then took some out and colored it pink. I used Butt Naked for the FO. I use silicone molds. I unmolded them Friday morning and they looked so nice except didn't get the swirl to the bottom. Last night when I showed the soap to my daughters they were very white and creamy looking. This morning they are turning tan in spots and especially around the top where the swirls are and the bottom it kinda looks like someone spilled coke on them they look stained like.

Is this the FO? They are in a room with a window airconditioner going to draw the humidity out.

Thanks,

jackie

campbellsoap said:
I made goat milk soap Thursday night. I mix water with my lye and add the GM to the oil mixture. I used td and then took some out and colored it pink. I used Butt Naked for the FO. I use silicone molds. I unmolded them Friday morning and they looked so nice except didn't get the swirl to the bottom. Last night when I showed the soap to my daughters they were very white and creamy looking. This morning they are turning tan in spots and especially around the top where the swirls are and the bottom it kinda looks like someone spilled coke on them they look stained like.

Is this the FO? They are in a room with a window airconditioner going to draw the humidity out.

Thanks,

jackie

if you could upload some pictures that might help. Could be a few reasons, my goats milk turned brown but I'm pretty sure it did that because I burnt the milk in my lye water.

Dandelion, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. My dd's camera is not working and I can't get the pic from the phone to download.

I have been using gm for a couple of years now and have had brown soap due to the lye but this is different.

I have never had soap to turn from an FO before and I thought someone would tell me if this could be from that but no one else gave me any advice.

I don't ask many questions, I try to read as much as I can without asking questions but when I do I don't seem to get much response.

I will crawl back into my hole and not bother anyone anymore.

I wish I could help you out. I just stated making soap myself though and don't think I've heard of this particular phenomenon. Heh. Anyways, I hope you get the answers you're looking for. :)

I've had one batch go a little streaky, which I put down to not mixing the EO quite enough - it was lemongrass and tea tree oil.

Does your FO have vanilla in it? I believe that can cause soap to go a bit brown - from what I've read, no actual experience! :p

Latest posts

Back