More Lather and Foam

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmeticaddict

Reaction score
I want more lather and foam on my M&P Soap. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

i don't know, as i don't do m&p. if you were talking cp or hp, i could help.

i just wanted to give your post a bump to the top, in the event someone who does know doesn't look down this far :)

I use Caster oil in my soap for lather.
l know that some people in the States use Dr Bonner's but we don't get that in Australia so l haven't tried that also l am sure l have read you can't sell it if you use Dr Bonner because you would have to list it on the label and l don't think you are allowed to.You would need to check that but l am sure it was mentioned it in a previous posting either here or on one of the other soap forums my mind isn't as good as it could be lately so hopefully another member with a lot better memory can help you out. :)

cosmeticaddict said:
I want more lather and foam on my M&P Soap. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

after trying many many different bases, i finally found i LOVE ..Wisteria Lane hard like milled soap base. i make loaf soap and slice it so i add 1/3 glycerin to it so it will slice without crumbling.it is a great, hard and low sweat soap that's last for a long time. the best part is the lather. it lathers like cold process soap in my opinion!

good luck !
lara

oops.....i just realized i said i add 1/3 glycerin to my westeria lane melt and pour base. i didn't mean the liquid glycerin. i meant i use one third of a softer melt and pour base like the honey base from wholesalesupplyplus.com. sorry if their was any confusion, but i had someone ask in teaspoons so i realized i had phrased this wrong. :0(

What else can you add to make it lather more? That was my only complaint when I made my first bar of soap. It didn't lather much in the shower.

I don't want ot add the sodium laurel sulfate. That can be very drying. I will try the borax first and see how that goes.

The mp soap I get from wsp is great and lathers a lot. Honey will definitely add more lather but some may be allergic to it.

Hi there
I was just wondering what kind of honey you add to your melted base? Liquid honey off the shelf at the grocery store? Creamed honey? Is it easy to find Organic honey? And how strongly will the soap smell like honey? (Can you use any scent? Or is it best to stick with something like "oatmeal, milk and honey"?)
Thanks so much!

Back