Changed my homepage to show only 5 products

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's how I built my light box. By the way I tried photo fuze and love it, t's so much simpler and more accurate than using the magic wand in photoshop.

Tip - use a larger piece of card/paper so that you have on piece on the back and bottom with a curve -

1266510728_75064071_2-Studio-Seventeen-Infinity-curve-photography-studio-London-1266510728.jpg

then you won't have that join between them

Thanks TEG ill have to try that

Here's one of my pics.. I use a consistent piece of thick cardboard so no seam. I actually use all leftovers for my box.
The actual box is an old shipping box sent to me. Cut the sides out to the right proportions, cut the front out, taped in my wax paper and slid in a white cardboard that I cut to fit and was a left over separator in a case of jars. :)
Been working great the last 8 months or so. I just wipe off the white paper if I get soap stuck to it.
I just carry to it different parts of the house depending on the time of day and when I need a picture.
Its about 1 pd weight. :)

soap57.JPG

Last edited:
I agree about zooming in on the smaller bars. If you are worried that people may think all of the bars are the same size, as well as putting the weight you can put a comparison picture on your site that shows the different sizes you sell next to each others.

Have you also considered changing the names to the approximate weight, instead of "small", "Large" and so on? "2oz", "4 oz" etc, so that the title shows them instantly

I have different shapes as well as salt and regular soaps, so the soaps of the same size from the same mold can have very different weights if they are salt soaps or regular soaps, that's why I say small, large or flower.

Maybe I'll make the weight in bold to make it stand out and zoom in on the small soaps as recommended.

I haven't posted here in a while since I've been very busy with other things as I run other businesses and one of my other businesses literally makes about 10000% higher sales than my soap business so I've been focusing on that lately, but recently I sold 19 soaps in about a 24 hour period which is more than I normally sell in several months so that's motivating me to spend more time on the soap business.

To take lower angle photos as was recommended in this thread I just bought one of those mini tripods (previous photos where taken with a normal tripod angled downwards to the soap) and will attempt new photos. I'm also going to be using FotoFuze as I love the pure white background it creates. I really hope I'll be able to take good photos as I must have retaken each photo 5-10 times so far with different backgrounds, lighting, cameras, camera settings, etc. and they never turn out good.

I'm also going to be listing new soaps I've made that are cured as well as making new soaps to replace those that sold out.

I should be posting back shortly with hopefully not so bad photos, maybe even good photos if I'm incredibly lucky.

Thanks for all the tips, I will be re-reading this thread before attempting to take new photos.

New photos and soaps are now on www.saltsoaps.com

Definitely my best photos so far in large part due to FotoFuze to whiten the background but there's surely still room for improvement, but at least I'm happy about how these came out.

Thanks again for all the tips and please comment on the new photos and how they could be further improved.

Back