Volcano in HP soap. Garbage or fixable?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The random lump

It's still sitting there! I haven't had time to deal with it. Pretty sure I will just put it in the burn barrel and send it on its way. There's a solid mass and then there's some watery stuff. I'm just not willing to experiment with it, even as laundry soap, since I really don't know what saponified and what didn't. The mass I have may just be congealed coconut oil. It's tough to tell.

And the offending crockpot is sitting outside being used as a base for burning coffee grounds as mosquito repellant!

In the meantime, we got a really cool laser temperature checker. That might also help when we get to our next batch.

Thanks for checking!

The laser temp thing has a billion other uses...I had one from when the A/C guy was using one to check the vent temps to make sure the a/c unit was working properly. He told me to get one and I did LOL. It also makes a great cat toy-she hears the BEEP and is looking for the red dot in one second! I also use it just randomly looking at my the temperature of my walls LOL.

Back