I want to make soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome :bunny: One of the best places to start is to read the stickies in the Beginners Forum here. Also Soap101 has good reliant videos and www.millersoap.com has great recipes and information. Stick around and you will gather a wealth of information here. This forum has some very friendly knowledgeable people.

Hey and welcome! The beginner forum has loads of good info. Wander over there and read, read, read. The Soaping 101 videos are what I used to learn the process. Not great recipes, mind you, but the she shows the process well.

Welcome! Remember if you watch soap queen's safety guide video or any of her videos, do NOT use Pyrex to mix lye water. It will be etched and shattered. Use plastic with recycle number #2 & #5, or stainless steel instead. ( no other metal container is suggested. It will react with lye and create chemical reactions ) ;)

Welcome to the forum. I agree with the suggestions to watch Soaping 101 and Soap Queen YouTube tutorials for beginners.

Welcome! I am new to cp soapmaking as well, but I have managed a couple of successful batches over the past few weeks. This forum is so helpful and friendly!

I started by watching a lot of YouTube videos. As others stated, Soap Queen has a really good series on beginner soap making, lye safety, etc.

Welcome! Get comfy and start reading! This forum has a wealth of information.

When you're ready to try your first recipe, make sure to post it in the Recipe Feedback subforum so we can take a look to make sure your first batch is a success!

I am also very new, just made my first batch! Read, read some more, watch videos, then go for it! Just make sure to set time aside and be 100% focused. I can see distractions being very bad (which is mentioned)

Back