First Non-Gelled Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaitriBB

Reaction score
carnationsoap.jpg

This is my first goat's milk soap that I put in the fridge and didn't gel. Love it! It's so creamy! This is a carnation fragrance, FO from NG.

Also I made my first lotion this week:

chailotion.jpg

This is a pumpkin chai body lotion. Really happy the way it came out! I'm going to use pump bottles after I use up the jars though.

Both look lucious! I love the solid color of the bar.. Is it a light pink tone? My phone shows it that way and it looks pretty for carnation scent. :)

Very pretty soap, I love all things pink. How is the carnation scent? Is it a nice spicy one? I was thinking about carnation just the other day.

Very pretty soap, I love all things pink. How is the carnation scent? Is it a nice spicy one? I was thinking about carnation just the other day.

It's not very spicy, it's definitely more floral.

It's a custom soap batch for a customer who purchased the whole log. She asked for a pale pink tone - I was going to do a pale pink swirl in a white bar of soap but realized after I poured it all into the molds that I'd forgotten the fragrance, so I poured it back into the soap pot and blended in the fragrance, which of course made it uniformly pink. I still like it though :)

Very creamy and beautiful! I hopefully have my first non-gel, I just took it out of the fridge after 20 hours. What method did you use to keep yours from gelling?

Very creamy and beautiful! I hopefully have my first non-gel, I just took it out of the fridge after 20 hours. What method did you use to keep yours from gelling?

I just left it in the fridge for 24 hours.

Maitri, that's a beautiful pink colour.
Can I ask what colourant you used for this?

Latest posts

Back