Green Ombre Swirl?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
I hope...

greenombre.jpg

The lighting is awful, but the one decently lit patch is close to the actual color of the top layer. I hope it has a vertical swirl thing going on down the center of the loaf, have to wait and see.

The soap is this recipe, with the tweak Obsidian suggested. Colored with chromium oxide and activated charcoal. Fragrance is Fir Needle, Cedarwood, and Frankincense EOs. When I get some sandalwood, I'm going to try the fragrance combo again, replacing half the frank with sandalwood. Used a total of .8 oz combined EOs.

Out of the mold! Going to let it sit for another day or two before I cut it. Looks like the bottom two layers got all muddled together. I thought that might have happened, the second layer pour got a bit sploshy. Still going to be pretty, though.

greenombreunmold.jpg

I'm sorry it didn't work out like you want. I'm pretty swirl impaired so I understand, but the soap is still very pretty. :)

Some of the swirls look like ocean waves, so it turned out well, even if it is not what you were going for.

Piggybacking on everyone else to say that it's super pretty. Wouldn't know it was a mistake if you didn't say anything.

If I had a dollar for every time I cut into a soap loaf and found something totally not what I was going for/expecting, I would have dozens and dozens of dollars. But the good news is your soap is pretty, nonetheless!

I love them- some do look like ocean waves. Nice job! :mrgreen: Here's a mr green for your green soap.

Back