Really needing help figuring out amt of batter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kizzy

Reaction score
I am trying to get more consistency in the size of my soaps. My usual mold always holds 100 ounces of batter. That includes oils, lye, water, fragrace, etc.
The problem is, I want to try a fragrance that supposedly will not turn brown with the addition of stabilizer. Ill need to add 3oz of stabilizer into my batch.
So my question is, in order to still get my regular size soap bar, do I need to discount the batter by 3oz before I add in the 3 oz of stabilizer? Or will the stabilizer evaporate after curing (there by I can just add it on top of my normal batch size, without increasing the size of my soap bars)?

I hope I'm explaining this right. Im confusing myself, just trying to articulate what I mean. lol

Hmmmm, well. I'm not too familiar with stabilizer and how it evaporates, but since it's only 3oz, you could probably go either way. I always err on the side of too much, because I like to play with the tops and a little extra can make my bars higher. Plus, it accounts for any little bits of batter that don't get scraped out of your bowls.

For example, my regular mold holds 50oz to the brim but I often bump my recipes up to 60oz.

Back