A little Thanksgiving story...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Because the past year has been a challenging one for our country and all around the world, I wanted to share what I witnessed tonight at the Sprouts parking lot. Don't get too excited - it was nothing terrifying, nothing traumatic and nothing heroic. It was a simple act of human decency.

Once upon a time, an elderly, frail man appeared to have been abandoned by his ride while doing his grocery shopping. Another man, younger, noticed this and stepped in. Gently and patiently asking about the older man's situation. He then offered to drive the man home; taking his groceries and carefully supporting each slow step the man made as they crossed through the parking lot. I overheard the younger man explain (maybe Uber?) there was a number his son could set up for him to call in case he gets stranded again. He carefully helped the man into his vehicle and packed in the groceries, then drove away.

The end.

See? Nothing dramatic, just a simple common act of decency. It's something that every single one of us has the ability to do.

And what a powerful thing that is.

Happy Thanksgiving! And Happy Holidays! And Happy any regular 'ol day too!

Very kind of him! An older, disheveled woman once approached me in a grocery parking lot asking for a ride home. I wouldn't ever imagine myself doing it... but I did. I packed up her groceries, got her address and drove her home. Internally I was freaking out having a stranger in my car, but it felt good to do something nice for someone less fortunate.

Back