3d printed ornaments

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't take pictures of the glow in the dark Star Wars snowflakes. But MIL saw those and said "I want some, too." So she picked out some and I added a few more for her and this is what I wound up with.

ornaments1-1731.jpg

From left to right: Dr. Who Tardis (two-d bas relief), open latticework ornament, gyroscopic present, fully 3d Tardis, another latticework, Celtic knot, and another gyroscopic present.

ornaments2-1732.jpg

From left to right: Dr. Who K9, purple openwork, blue spiral, 5 multi-colored gifts, Dr. Who Dalek, and the Tree of Gondor. Center: JRR Tolkien symbol.

Not shown: glow in the dark Dr. Who Weeping Angel.

The hanging hooks are also printed, and each one is decorated with a snowflake, tree, star, or present.

The chain they're hanging on is printed, too, but didn't go with the ornaments.

There's also this hair thing I made, called a Thornament.

thornament-1733.jpg

I've been having a blast with my printer! It's the awesome gadget that I didn't realize how much I needed it until I got one.

Right now I'm going through and printing out basically one of everything for the Dragonbite system that the DH backed a Kickstarter campaign for, they delivered all the already produced files a few days ago. There are a couple thousand files, with a couple hundred more that will be delivered in the next couple of months.

I've got a square of chainmail a bit over a foot square, I figure it'll probably take about a month to print out enough of that to actually make a shirt. Plus several hundred scales for making scale mail armor (DH's preference, the chain is for me).

Give me three or four years, and I'll have a rack of 3d printers, all of them going at once...

I've been having a blast with my printer! It's the awesome gadget that I didn't realize how much I needed it until I got one.

Right now I'm going through and printing out basically one of everything for the Dragonbite system that the DH backed a Kickstarter campaign for, they delivered all the already produced files a few days ago. There are a couple thousand files, with a couple hundred more that will be delivered in the next couple of months.

I've got a square of chainmail a bit over a foot square, I figure it'll probably take about a month to print out enough of that to actually make a shirt. Plus several hundred scales for making scale mail armor (DH's preference, the chain is for me).

Give me three or four years, and I'll have a rack of 3d printers, all of them going at once...

You could make money selling to cosplayers, etc.

Latest posts

Back