Soap cooked in 10mins?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthemoon

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I did but my current hp batch cooked in about 10 minutes, at most 15. I used the same settings I always have.

The only thing I did differently was add the the FOs at the beginning since their flash points were all so high.

Cooked the FOs be responsible or could my crockpot be having a sense of humour?

Good news is I think the batch worked. A little volcano but I got it into my mold quick enough.

I only do CP for bar soap but when I used FO's they would instantly trace. If my temps were too high, the FO's would sometimes cause instant HP.

I'm not surprised that your batch went faster that way.

That's what I was thinking. It's just weird to me that the flash point on the FOs is 200 -250 and when I tested the mass with my thermometer it was only 180.

Weirdness. The scent is nice and strong so I'm not entirely sure this is a bad thing.

im always freaked when my hp gets done sooner than 30-40 min, i have had it happen with lots of pk oil, with hp you are ok adding any fo after the cook, it dosent seize with hp, thats whats cool about it.
also no need to watch flashpoints, ive soaped at very high temps, didnt do anything to fo, there is a past post about flashpoints.

Yes, I've only ever done hp, haven't been inclined to try hp. This was an interesting experiment.

Oddly, the soap is a total success. Don't think I'll repeat the experiment but still.

I used to use one fragrance that would completely sieze any batch, regardless of when I added it. Needless to say, this was a problem... especially when trying to pour 30 pounds before I eneded up with a solid mass in the pot :D

Ouch. That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to do CP. There's so much more control in HP. I say this after my near disaster experiment but I stand by it. Heh.

Back