Updated picture of rainbow soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapEh

Reaction score
Since I did say if there was any change I would post a pic, and we're still talking about this weird experiment I made over in the lye forum, so here is the funky wavy bar I have curing in our ensuite bathroom.

It almost seems like the lighter/more translucent part, which I assumed was glycerin, within the yellow layer is migrating to the top. Glycerin rivers don't do that, so perhaps this is something else, maybe because it was so chunky going in, this layer is more watery (the yellow was seizing as I molded it).

So much to learn. Cure, baby, cure... I want to see unicorn lather!

EDIT - I have tried several ways, but keep getting a message that I don't have permission to post pictures on this forum. Serious bummer!

Last edited:
Try uploading your pictures to a image site like imgur or tinypic, then you can post the link/image here

So much to learn. Cure, baby, cure... I want to see unicorn lather!

EDIT - I have tried several ways, but keep getting a message that I don't have permission to post pictures on this forum. Serious bummer!

Too bad we can see the pics, however, IME I have found, that unless I am seriously heavy handed with the colorant (like using way way too much) I don't get colored lather. Just white. So just be aware, you may not get "unicorn later" like you want.

Latest posts

Back