Soap Rocks!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapEh

Reaction score
Hehe geeky double entendre -- the hobby is awesome, yes, but also look -- rocks, made from soap!

I had all these cold process soap scraps from trimming my bars, and didn't know what to do with them. Initially I just made soap balls -- scraps make neat little planets for space-soap. My son loves space soap. But I want to make long embeds for a really neat solar system soap, and really, if you're just a new hobbyist, how much space soap does one girl need?

I was sitting there, on the floor of our guest room, where my soap curing bins are, and I squished a bunch of grey-brown shreds into a ball and thought 'boy... that looks like a rock!'

Two hours later I had a bin full of rocks and a lot fewer soap balls.

JC2cJD1.jpg

Very cool! I think for 2 hours to hand-mold it together might make you kinda sore... ( depending on how old the soap scraps are )
It's labor of love!

Very cool! I think for 2 hours to hand-mold it together might make you kinda sore... ( depending on how old the soap scraps are )
It's labor of love!
I take it slow, and the soaps are pretty fresh, so it's not bad, but I have some soaps I wouldn't want to try with.

My hands have good and bad days and right now they're awesome; my shoulders and elbows are horribly sore, but that's just part of arthritis. Tomorrow maybe it will be my ankles and neck. Life is never boring!

Yeah, those are definitely rocks. Nice try

Funny you should say that...

I have a friend who isn't as nutty about soap as we all are, but she has made her own soap a few times and likes to come play in my kitchen with me. I often show her pics of whatever I've been making, because she appreciates soapy stuff.

Today when we ran into each other I said 'oh, I have a picture to show you!' and brought up the pic of the soap rocks on my phone. She very politely smiled, nodded, said 'ah, those are nice...' and I realized *smack on forehead* oh my goodness, it's such a tiny pic, she doesn't realize it's soap. She thinks I've gone off my nut, arranged a bunch of pebbles on a piece of paper and taken a picture to show her.

I told her they were soap, she looked at me a little sideways to see if I was kidding, and then said, much more impressed 'wow...really!?'

I thought about it later, and realized that either way -- showing someone a picture of rocks and showing someone a picture of rocks made from soap -- I may have lost my mind just a little bit.

Back