Soaping Experience - How many years have you been doing this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you been making soap?

• Under 6 months

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 6-12 months

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 1-2 years

• 2-4 years

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4-7 years

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 7-10 years

• 10-15 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15+ years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RogueRose

Reaction score
It seems that this hobby has either really taken off in the last 5 or so years, and I've seen a lot more hand crafted/made soaps in the stores. I'm curious if there has been an increase in interest or if there is just more recognition and access to the hobby.

So, how long have you been doing this and how many batches and recipes have you made (if you can remember)? Do you make anything else besides soap - if so , what?

My answer doesn't really fit in the poll. Made soap for about 2-3 years. Stopped when we moved to Oklahoma. Didn't make any for almost 10 years. Started again almost 2 years ago.

I don't know how many batches I have made, I lost a whole binder(don't ask) of recipes.

I started making my own lip balm to start with. I got tired of spending $4/tube and never knowing if that company(think honey producers) was going to change the recipe to something I was allergic to again. Not to mention the inconsistency of availability. Watching the videos on how to make lip balm, there were these videos on the side of YouTube that showed how to make soap...and there ya go.

I mostly make liquid soap, but I do make shampoo bars and sugar scrubs occasionally.

I am putting together baskets of goodies for Christmas presents:

Red(cinnamon) and green(wintergreen)liquid soaps for foamer bottle.
One foamer bottle
Bars of soap: spice cake, lemongrass, cinnamon, peppermint
Sugar scrubs: red and green in cute little containers
Lip balms

I will add crocheted scrubbies, soap savers, and/or washcloths if I can get my hand working again.

Sizes of baskets, and contents will vary according to recipient.

Back