Activated Charcoal- A great find

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanaBanana

Reaction score
Just wanted to share that I found activated charcoal at the local health food store. It is in capsule form so it's mess free. Just pull the capsule apart. It looks like around 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon in each capsule. The activated charcoal is very fine and powderey. I'm excited because I didn't have to wait for shipping. It was about $6 for the bottle. Not economic for those who need a lot, but just right for those experimenting. Just check that it is only activated charcoal with no other ingredients.

As a side note, the reason I found it at the health food store is because it is a supplement that people take internally.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Loose a/c is pretty messy. And a little goes a long way. I paid more for what I have, and it's a lot more than I can use for a long time. So the capsules sound like a good way to go. I have bought other things in capsules (e.g., beta carotene) and also found that it was simple, clean, and plenty economical to use in the quantities I need. So thanks for the tip!

Now get to soaping with it and show us what you come up with!

Latest posts

Back