wire soap cutter opinions please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kept going back and forth about a cutter. The glowing recommendations for Bud's products and a cutter that would do 18 bars. The hot pink version from Nurture finally won me over. I'm so excited - it will be here Thursday!

18-soap-cutter.jpg

I got the cheese cutter one today. I had to re-adjust it because the wire was crooked and I was not about to have crooked soap. Its pretty easy to work with and take apart so that is good! It cut some week old soap that has been out of the mold for 4 days so I'm sure it will be a dream with freshly unmolded soap. And I got the one that HappyHome posted. Not the one that LBussy posted. We will see!

I'm wondering are the Nurture cutters and Bud cutters pretty much the same besides the amount of bars that you can cut? I've been using a little cheese cutter I got at the thrift store but the handle/wire isn't that stable so I get some wonky cuts. Contemplating just investing in a real cutter. Cutting my 6 inch loaf one at a time with wonky cuts just drives the OCD insane. I can't imagine doing it with even larger batches.

I compared the two and the only difference to me was the size as Buds is a bi smaller and no bright colors. I love my cutter from Bud. It works like a dream and high quality craftsmanship. Great price too.

I'm wondering are the Nurture cutters and Bud cutters pretty much the same besides the amount of bars that you can cut?
Once you begin to mock up a solution to cutting soap, you are inexorably led to the same conclusions as others before you. I'm not saying that the plethora of people selling cutters out there did not simply copy one person; but even trying to make something different I end up modifying it to work - and end up in nearly the same place.

Back