safety

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IanT said:
yeah i had one land in my belly button...dont ask... but i learned my lesson...
Only you Ian. :lol:
I always wear goggles, I don't always wear gloves but I never skip my goggles.

well i've only made one batch so far but yeah I wore them and my old lab coat from school. I wonder if the neighbors saw me: googles, lab coat and gloves going outside with a big glass jar... :lol:

Well, you read my answer to this over on Craft Server, so you know that YES, I absolutely wear them and would NEVER not wear them. There is no way possible you could be well prepared for every event that could cause an accident, no matter how careful you are. IMO your eyesight just is not worth "trying to be careful"

I never, ever soap without my eye protection. I always wear gloves, too, and my soaping apron, which used to be an old cooking apron.

IrishLass :)

you dont even need goggles ...you can use glasses that cover a good portion of the eye as well... so if you have reading glasses etc... those ll work too..just be sure they cover enough of the eye... obviously goggles are the safest option

IanT said:
you dont even need goggles ...you can use glasses that cover a good portion of the eye as well... so if you have reading glasses etc... those ll work too..just be sure they cover enough of the eye... obviously goggles are the safest option

I agree....I wear my regular glasses, but I'm also very sure that my soap pot is at arm's length from my body whenever blending.

I'm far less afraid of a lye burn on my skin than on my corneas.

yeahhh after having felt in on my bb... I would say the cornea would definitely not be too fun... would ruin my day lol...

Latest posts

Back