Baked Apples in Sweetened Condensed Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
• 6 medium baking apples (about 2 pounds), such as Rome Beauty or York Imperial
• 1/3 cup mixed dried fruit bits or raisins
• 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions
• HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 11 x 7-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
• CORE apples; peel a strip from the top of each. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each apple so apple will stand upright. Place apples upright in prepared dish. Fill centers with fruit bits or raisins.
• COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, water and cinnamon in medium bowl; pour over and around apples. Set dish in a 13 x 9-inch pan. Set on oven rack. Carefully pour boiling water into pan to 1-inch depth.
• BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender, occasionally spooning sweetened condensed milk
mixture in bottom of dish over apples. Serve warm.

eta: You might want to add a tsp or so of cornstarch to the milk.

Simple and delicious, sounds perfect! As I was reading the list of ingredients, the thought popped into my head that walnuts would be a great flavor and texture element added to the raisins inside. I guess you can tell I LOVE walnuts (any type of nut actually, including many family members, lol). Thanks for sharing, lsg!

Ooooh! That sounds yummy, lsg! I haven't had a baked apple in years. My mom used to make for us every autumn when we were kids. I need to try this!

IrishLass:)

Latest posts

Back