Anyone try Soap Queen recipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapy Gurl

Reaction score
I have been browsing Soap Queen and I get Bramble Berry's email and there are some CP recipes. They look good, reasonably balanced. Has anyone tried them? Soap Queen has an Etsy site where they sell the soaps they do. For $7 and $5.50 shipping, OUCH, you get a bar of soap and instructions on how to do the technique. I wouldn't pay that. It would be cheaper to make a test batch!

Soapy Gurl said:
I have been browsing Soap Queen and I get Bramble Berry's email and there are some CP recipes. They look good, reasonably balanced. Has anyone tried them? Soap Queen has an Etsy site where they sell the soaps they do. For $7 and $5.50 shipping, OUCH, you get a bar of soap and instructions on how to do the technique. I wouldn't pay that. It would be cheaper to make a test batch!
I've never used a recipe from there, but have tried some of the techniques. A lot of time I can look at a soap and have a general understanding of the technique used - it's the putting it to practice and making it come out right is what I have trouble with. LOL
I agree, just make a test batch and play... I do that all the time.

Brambleberry's Blue Man soap is a wonderfully well balanced soap. I tweaked it a little bit and came up with something to call my own and I use it all the time!

Ingredients
11 oz. Olive Oil
8.9 oz. Coconut Oil
7.9 oz. Palm Oil
2.1 oz. Jojoba Oil
.5 oz. Shea Butter
4.3 oz. Lye
10 oz. Distilled Water
(Yeild 45 oz.)

2.8 oz. Blue Man Fragrance Oil
¼ tsp of Ultramarine Blue
1 tsp of Ocean Blue Jojoba Beads
1/8 tsp of Super Pearly White
2 mini scoops of Titanium Dioxide
.5 oz. EXTRA Jojoba Oil

I tried the chocolate, lavendar, almond soap. It's still curing but it's starting to smell quite nice. The only difference was that I used lavendar fragrance oil instead of essential oil (my mistake when ordering). I reduced the amount of FO, and I'm really hoping I haven't ruined it scent wise.

I love the soap queen videos! She's so bubbly! "Hi! I'm Ann-Marie for Soapqueen.com and Brambleberry.com. Today we're going to ... !" lol

Latest posts

Back