Success!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cortney

Reaction score
I know what happened to my first batch, I added milk and honey AND insulated....which is why it separated, I also added the lye water too early. My second batch had no honey or milk, it gelled not separated! I cut it this morning and it's beautiful(for my first anyway :) ) I also licked it....should I have waited? It didn't zap me, then again I think the last time I licked a 9volt was in the 5th grade, so I am unsure of what I'm supposed to feel. I LOVE this craft and can't wait to make more.

Good for you! That first good batch always feels great, doesn't it?

We'd love to see pics!

Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked out for you! I've never licked a battery, but have licked soap! You will feel the zap if it zaps you.

To the casual observer we must look like a bunch of loonies....Licking soap.I ask you! :roll: :lol:

Congrats Cortney.I didn't get a good batch til my 4th! :)

gekko62 said:
To the casual observer we must look like a bunch of loonies....Licking soap.I ask you! :roll: :lol:

I can't describe the look I received from a family member shortly after I found my first soap that had a 'zap' to it. I ran right up him with a bar in my hand, held at head level, and said 'Open your mouth! This is so weird!'.

thanks!

I think I'm going to try a goats milk, I have all the supplies I need. I wanted to make a calendula baby soap recipe I found but I need to hunt down avocado and almond oil first.

Here is my soap, I think it's that yellow color because I used red palm and not the clear palm. It was the only one I could find around town.
web64309.jpg

Lookin good! :wink:

Ive used red palm once only,& found the lather is a leeetle tinted.Interested to know how you fare cortney,cos it's such a fantastic colour,& all natural to boot! :)

What a gorgeous colour, you must be really chuffed to make a lovely creamy soap like that first time!

Cortney said:
It does feel good! Now I'm trying to figure out what to make next :)

I have heard that crystal meth is the most addictive of all the drugs. I disagree. I think it's soap.

Back