• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister loves Patchouli Oil and she liked Dragon's Blood if that gives you an idea of what it smells like.

I try to make lotsa swirls on top because it does turn brown :)

My sister loves Patchouli Oil and she liked Dragon's Blood if that gives you an idea of what it smells like.

I try to make lotsa swirls on top because it does turn brown :)

I would not really compare patch to DB. And the problem with DB is that every place I have gotten it from it is different. The FO from Natures Garden is different than the one from Soapalooza is different to Pure Fragrance, is different than Carolyn's. You really just have to try them til you find one you like.

I would not really compare patch to DB. And the problem with DB is that every place I have gotten it from it is different. The FO from Natures Garden is different than the one from Soapalooza is different to Pure Fragrance, is different than Carolyn's. You really just have to try them til you find one you like.
That is very true. I have people smell chocolate some smell a hint of cola, mixed with sandalwood, amber.....when customers get hooked on one it is very hard to change to another brand. My DB is similar to Pure Fragrance's but does not turn as dark

OK, thoughts after a few months:

My WSP/Crafter's Choice Dragon's Blood has faded/morphed to an almost unrecognizable scent.
The Dragon's Blood I got from Carolyn is going strong. No fading/morphing whatsoever. I did not like it OOB as much as the WSP, but it smelled the same after soaping with it, and I like it far more now!

Yes, I would love to buy some Dragon's Blood FO from you! If you have any left over after dividing it all up for everyone who has requested some, I will take any amount up to a pound. Thank you for offering this!!!
Tori (Dove Song)

in reply to your message re: DB

I am new to this forum thing and for the life of me, I can not figure out how to respond back. So, hopefully you can connect this message with the one you sent me. You stated that you were going to be away for a few weeks taking care of your elderly parents. Been there, done that,,,,,I am in no hurry and whenever it works out for you is fine with me. Take care of yourself, I know the toll it can take on a person. Mentally and emotionally.
tori (Dove Song)

I am new to this forum thing and for the life of me, I can not figure out how to respond back. So, hopefully you can connect this message with the one you sent me. You stated that you were going to be away for a few weeks taking care of your elderly parents. Been there, done that,,,,,I am in no hurry and whenever it works out for you is fine with me. Take care of yourself, I know the toll it can take on a person. Mentally and emotionally.
tori (Dove Song)
Thankyou. I will get in touch with you as soon as I get home. Yep it does get tough at times and I am fortunate I have an understanding hubby :)

I will not be home for another week, so let me see what I have for bottles. If I am still soaping and selling next year I may get together another buy. It is a good one :) but not something everyone will like

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

We tried to get it made in another fragrance house but it just did not have the depth of this one and accelerated pretty bad. I was sorry it just did not work and smell as well because it was quite a bit less expensive. Many times with FO you get what you pay for. NG's DB was a disaster for me and the closest to mine is from Pure Fragrance but that one goes an extremely dark chocolate.

Forgot to mention the cost will be what I pay for it

Hi Carolyn, is this thread still active? I have a commission for next year and the client wants DB soap. There are SO MANY out there. The last I tried was way heavy on amber, which I can't tolerate. I'd love to purchase about 2 ounces as a sample if you're still doing this.

Thanks!

I just made a batch and realized that I'm running low on this!!!
If I let a friend "browse through " a box of soaps they sort out the DB and Nag Champa bars. Lately I've been making a combo ( Naggin' Dragon) that doesn't stay in the house long.

A WSP order is gonna have to happen too.

Ima gonna send cmzaha a PM too. I'm at least a pound short now.

Hi Carolyn, is this thread still active? I have a commission for next year and the client wants DB soap. There are SO MANY out there. The last I tried was way heavy on amber, which I can't tolerate. I'd love to purchase about 2 ounces as a sample if you're still doing this.

Thanks!
Hi, not sure that I ever got a message about this...

Logansama,
Try the PM again or just wait and I'll see what I can do for you in a while, Carolyn is fairly busy with health issues for her and a grand daughter right now.
I made contact and will be getting some I could share a sample with you.

Back