~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ August 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Beginners Soap Making Forum > Smooth Pipe Soap anyone?

Old 06-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #31
rainmanp7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The issue is that when I have tried to do the 100F
The temp climbs up Everytime at least 10%
Then at this point it flips to Gell stage.
So here is what has happened as of new.

I made a recent Papaya and got the recipe correct.
It does a tiny gell thing and small crack.
Even at 96F

But that coconut
Jumps at 10% and then even at vasaline stage
I put it inside and it comes out with wacky crap holes and vents and all sorts of wierd
Things going on.

I have tried overheating it and sent it in at 235F
I stirred it back down and dropping temp by adding the other 1/2
Once it hit applesauce stage. That's been the only solution that has worked so far.

Recently I have added the Salt and lowered the water.
That showed promising results.
Came out less damaged. Hardened up quick
Less pock marks. Less holes...
So adding salt and less water has worked to solving
This screwy issue issue so far. I'm not giving up.
It's coming out nice and white.
I just need a professional appearance.
I know it's possible.

I will release new Recipe and steps I take with your added help.
Thank you in advance.
P.S. the Papaya comes out super smooth.
But I'm using Cold Process for the papaya.

The baby milk didn't help ROFL came out all sorts of
Icky colors with the salt.

The salt doesn't change the color...
But do not use baby milk.

I gotta keep visiting this thread. Many comments.
Lots of drama
Never expected the drama stuff.

Yes it has to do with the water and heat.
I have used distilled and normal water.
I just have done this recipe in the USA with no
Problems ever. But in this country it's not funny ,but kinda wicked

Last edited by shunt2011; 06-19-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #32
Dahila
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1313 Times on 837 Posts
Likes Given: 3313

First of all what is baby milk? Second; to give you any feedback we need full recipe. What country you have problem with gelling. I go as low as 32 Celsius: 86 F
Never have problem with overheating. no, I got once but it was laundry soap with 100% Coconut oil

Old 06-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #33
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4521 Times on 3022 Posts
Likes Given: 3728

The problem is you ramble and don't give clear information. We are not able to understand what exactly you are saying and what you are doing. People would like to help but you are not giving them the information they are asking for to help. So until you do, it's not likely anyone is going to offer help. You are the cause of the drama not being clear. It's frustrating to those that like to help but are throwing their hands up in frustration.
People Like This 
Old 06-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #34
Dahila
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Shunt sorry I forgot that this is the guy, and posted NO more!!

Old 06-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #35
cherrycoke216

Liked 394 Times on 219 Posts

Default Smooth Pipe Soap anyone?

Shunt, I think it's a newbie thing. Some newbie post is quite long and don't have paragraph, randomly pops question in the story plot. it hurts my brain cell just read through it. I'm not condescending newbie, just telling it as is. I think they have encounter troubles and can't seem to figure it out. Thus the long story and question mark in every sentence. I once were these newbie,too. But I google and find SMF, kinda self-educate myself using search function.

To OP:
Don't use " normal " tap water. It contains traces of metal that cause DOS (dreaded orange spots).

Overheating soap and troubleshooting it
www.lovinsoap.com/troubleshooting/

If you are now in a hotter and more humid country, try not to melt the oil & use heat transfer method. Use the hot lye water to melt the oils, this gives me more play time. And do NOT stick blending too much. ( I'm assuming this because you said in USA you don't have this problem. And adding papaya... It's a trend in Southeast Asia. So just a wild guess here. )

Coconut oil heats things up. So go easy on it. And too much coconut will dry lots of people's skin.

Baby milk... I'm assuming baby formula milk powder for baby??? It contains sugar, too. It will heat up soap batter, and sometimes a tan color or even scorch the soap. So search on forum for maximum usage rate.

Papaya contains lots of sugar. So it will heat up soap batter. Search on forum the suggested usage rate. Add too much food puree will make your soap grow mold.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #36
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4521 Times on 3022 Posts
Likes Given: 3728

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke216 View Post
Shunt, I think it's a newbie thing. Some newbie post is quite long and don't have paragraph, randomly pops question in the story plot. it hurts my brain cell just read through it. I'm not condescending newbie, just telling it as is. I think they have encounter troubles and can't seem to figure it out. Thus the long story and question mark in every sentence. I once were these newbie,too. But I google and find SMF, kinda self-educate myself using search function.

To OP:
Don't use " normal " tap water. It contains traces of metal that cause DOS (dreaded orange spots).

Overheating soap and troubleshooting it
www.lovinsoap.com/troubleshooting/

If you are now in a hotter and more humid country, try not to melt the oil & use heat transfer method. Use the hot lye water to melt the oils, this gives me more play time. And do NOT stick blending too much. ( I'm assuming this because you said in USA you don't have this problem. And adding papaya... It's a trend in Southeast Asia. So just a wild guess here. )

Coconut oil heats things up. So go easy on it. And too much coconut will dry lots of people's skin.

Baby milk... I'm assuming baby formula milk powder for baby??? It contains sugar, too. It will heat up soap batter, and sometimes a tan color or even scorch the soap. So search on forum for maximum usage rate.

Papaya contains lots of sugar. So it will heat up soap batter. Search on forum the suggested usage rate. Add too much food puree will make your soap grow mold.

That's not the issue. People have asked the op questions and to post recipes etc and have been ignored. I can handle onrunning sentences from posters. I just take offense for myself and others who have tried to help that he finds it amusing that they are frustrated. So, me like others are done trying to help.
People Like This 
Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #37
Dahila
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

It would be beneficial for everyone to close the topic,
Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 AM   #38
Selaine

Liked 53 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Gonna say right now that the first, second and fourth pages of this thread were absolutely train wreckingly mind bendingly fabulous!!!!!! Between reading the OP's posts and then trying to apply any form of soap science to them, my mind was so absorbed that I'm sure my dog pee'd on my foot and I didn't even notice!!

That said, maybe the OP is ESL? or like another said, maybe using oils that are less than 100%? Why else would they need to be boiled to rid them of water?

To the OP: Good luck my man!

Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #39
rainmanp7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ok here is what I have found out about this crazy coconut soap. Trying to get this hot processes smooth out the pipe.

I'm going to use this papaya I'm working on now. Because I found the issues and fixed them temporary with the papaya.

Ok there are these wierd blue spots showing up.

I know that's directly linked to the coconut ,because it's happening to my Papaya+Coconut recipe.

Now check this out.

Everything kept getting screwed up even the papaya at cold process.. until I did one thing. I decided to just accept what ever came at me and just color the stupid thing right? I'm thinking all natural color right yep so I whipped up some natural poweder concoction...
And guess what.
BingO
Something I was looking for happened.
I was like oh well Chuck this crap soap into this stupid pipe as just mixed liquid and not even trace yet...
So the pipe is all juiced up with baby oil and everything is susposed to go wacky I guess?
It worked and it did that small jell crack explode crap without the powder.

With the added powder
A small tiny crack sometimes.

The powder is somehow absorbing some unseen acidic function of this coconut. And the really wack thing is this.
You gotta litterly blend with mixer and stop as soon as you see it combine.. call that fake trace then imiediatly add the rest and mix with whisk and then spoon and tap etc.. into the mold...
That's the only way as in cold...
So this is an Acidic Issue for sure.
The salt tamed it and it went more alkaline.
The powder brought it way further.
So just like nullifying acid.

There needs to be something I can add to this recipe of just coconut to get it to not act acidic....

I got air 1-3 air bubbles ,but professional smooth yes. Smooth as glass
It's just taking 2-3 days to unmold.

Then I'm sure we can hot processes.

I never give up.

"Stop SniFFiN ma SoAP"
Love u guys an girls..
Thank u.
WeaversPort Likes This 
Old 06-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #40
Primrose

Liked 72 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I'm trying to read between the lines here ... you mixed to just emulsion and then poured into the mould ... so maybe its just a matter of getting it into the mould early before it heats up too much, 100% coconut being a mixture that likes to get hot. Maybe you are getting less air into your mould if you pour at emulsion rather than at trace. So therefore your soap is filling the mould more evenly and producing a more uniform soap