~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ August 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews > The Struggle Is Real

Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #111
BrewerGeorge

Liked 1387 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 495

Update on Old Delhi Station after having finally used it in the shower.

I said this two months ago, smelling the bars:
Quote:
First, I don't dislike it, per se, it's just my least favorite among the four. It is very complex and well-named, and it's hard for me to pick out individual pieces. My overall impression is walking through the spice aisle at an Indian market. It's a "dry" scent compared to the other three, which are sweeter and "wetter/greener." Among the four, the difference is rather stark, and that difference alone could be contributing to me saying it's my least favorite - just because it's the outlier. I can get a bit of smokiness in that it reminds me of burning incense, with a touch of those sandalwood or jasmine sticks that were so popular in the 70's. But there is no assertive, phenolic "smoke" character like a smoked food would have.
I stand by the above description, but after trying the others in the series, Delhi is no longer my last choice. It's just pure, dry spice - subtle in the shower - that leaves behind a slight woody/spice scent on skin. I can actually still smell a bit of it three hours later. That subtleness has earned it a promotion past Freedom's foody assertiveness. Delhi is not really a better smell, but it's a better smell for soap. (IMO, of course.)

People Like This