shea or cocoa butter better?(say that fast!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oooh, for me that's like asking which are better - apples or tangerines.

I agree. They each have their own qualities. It's hard to choose which one, except that from a selling standpoint (and the old pros at this can probably tell you better than I) people seem to seek out things with shea in them. That's all I ever hear...shea butter, shea butter, shea butter....lol

Yes Tabitha - that is something I haven't done yet. I usually use either/or not both.

I love both for how they feel. Cocoa butter soaps harder than Shea in my experience so I definitely use it to firm up a recipe. I have only just started selling at markets and most people who come to my table have never heard of shea! :eek:

Tanya :)

That is a tough question , I like my soap that has them both , love the qualities they bring to soap.

Kitn

I might be the odd duck on the pond. I love Shea and Cocoa Butter, but not in soap. I prefer to save them for leave on products. Seems a waste to use them in rinse off's. Especially the Shea. Those women work so hard for a dollar a day. When I use the butter you can bet I'm going to get full value from it.

I'm sure it's lovely in soap, but I can't tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back