Looking forward to get back to some soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helenz

Reaction score
Hello all fellow soapers,
I've been off the radar for a wee while as my husband and I have been doing some travelling. We did a 2 1/2 month trip to USA (Las Vegas, Arizona, Washington DC, New York & Boston) then to UK & scotland, then into Europe(Belgium, Holland, Germany, Sweden & Denmark & Australia) Looked at a few markets but really didnt see alot of handmade soaps and products-though there were some in Sydney that caught my eye) After returning to NZ for a couple of months it was off to Australia again for the birth of my new grandson & to watch my granddaughter (10yrs) singing a solo piece at the Sydney Opera House!!

Now Im home again- have done one small market which went well and heading off to another one soon. Ive sorted out my spare room full of soaps and have made a couple of batches but need to get right Ill try to be a more regular contributer this year.......cheers Helenz

Thank you Lenarenee. Sometimes there doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day. My husband and I also run AirBNB and as this is our NZ summer we are very busy with guests coming and going. We have an active volcano just off shore and we get lots of tourists going out there on tours either by boat or helicopter. It is quite unique for people to actually walk around on a volcano and see hot steam and bubbling mud, then of course seeing loads of dolphins and if they are lucky whales passing through. We have hosted so many nationalities and made so many new friends but alas it leaves very little time for my passion to make soap. But I will squeeze it in anyway!! Bye Helenz

Glad to see you enjoying life's offerings. Yes volcanoes are awesome - I love the rumble and glow (closest I've gotten).

Do you make soap for you B&B? That would be a nice touch!

With our AirBNB I do give all guests a small 100% handmade guest soap on arrival and I do actually sell some of my soaps when guests hear Im a soapmaker, They get the tour of my spare room full of soaps and handicraft bits and pieces. People from overseas do like to buy soaps as gifts to take home with them.

Latest posts

Back