Share your favorite bath and body recipes!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe she used both, and just swapped the amounts to make it a harder bar.

Soap Queen recipe calls for 5oz shea and 3oz cocoa, so the way I read it, misskat22 used 5oz cocoa butter and 3oz shea butter.

HerbalEarthling, for info on butters, oils, properties, preservatives, well pretty much anything as far as hand crafted cosmetics and their ingredients goes, try susan barclay nicols' site Blogger

and for butter comparison

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1020026/buttercomparisonchart.pdf
I tried clicking on the link to craft monkey and it said I was denied. Do I need to subscribe to their blog somewhere?

I tried clicking on the link to craft monkey and it said I was denied. Do I need to subscribe to their blog somewhere?
Yes if you want access to the formula directory you actually need to buy a subscription that's a minimum of $3 per month. I really love Susan Barclay-Nichols's blog. She is extremely helpful and RESPECTS the science (something I notice a lot is the internet *seems* full of self-appointed experts). Jane Barber from making skincare is also a valuable resource if you are starting out.

You can subscribe to Swift Monkey here

Yes if you want access to the formula directory you actually need to buy a subscription that's a minimum of $3 per month. I really love Susan Barclay-Nichols's blog. She is extremely helpful and RESPECTS the science (something I notice a lot is the internet *seems* full of self-appointed experts). Jane Barber from making skincare is also a valuable resource if you are starting out.

You can subscribe to Swift Monkey here
Thanks for post. i subscribe to swift monkey. Just 3$ per month. nice. :thumbs::)

Back