Feedback?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepibarra

Reaction score
Can you tell me how this looks? I am looking to make something for my scaley, dry skin on my face...

80% OO
15%Castor
5%CO

at a water solution of 38%
and lye at 5% superfat...

Any input or suggestions....

The oils you are planning to use are sure enough soothing. How about adding in some coconut cream and honey? Or how about avocado and bananas. I know all about dry scaley skin. Those are some of my favorite nutrients and they have really helped me alot! I also believe the sugars in the coconut cream really boost up the lather. Happy soaping!

Thank you, I can try the honey, but do not have the other ready available.... I will let you know how it turns out.

Any soap with Olive Oil over 50% HAS to be mild!! Good for you for adding some Castor for bubbly, but 15% is a bit high. I would switch around the percentages of Castor & Coconut.

I recently did a batch of so-so soap & added oatmeal I ground in my coffee grinder to powder. It turned a so-so batch of soap into a wonderfully mild & rich facial soap!! My face is very dry, but it doesn't feel the slightest bit tight when I use this soap.

I added just 2 T oatmeal at trace to a 2lb batch.

Back