back to making soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
As life has settled enough for me to have an opportunity to soap again, I keep thinking of FINDING NEMO, particularly my version of the scene where the sharks are having an AA-type meeting:

"It has been 3 months and 1 day since I last made soap."

We bought a house. It's the cutest little thing, built in 1940. Trying to decorate it its 1940 style. Did lots of repairs ourselves, and as all this was going on, school started. I teach 4 year olds, so this is their first experience in public school and they know NOTHING about school. It is exhausting. Add to this lots of purging, since it is a major downsize for us. So it has been a busy, exhausting time. There are still LOTS of things to do to the house, but they can wait.

Had to inventory the soap I have, as I did not know what scent to make. Went with a Sensous Sandalwood. Already had these oils measured so even though I wanted to start with a shampoo bar, that had to come second. Those oils (for shampoo bar) are measured and awaiting my attention later today. Feels so good! :clap:

New House after closing 004.jpg

I love bungalows! It cries out for shakes, not siding...

As the mother of a four year old... Y'all are very special people.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Yes, I agree- though the siding will have to stay for a while, I do want to remedy that "problem." The back half of the kitchen as well as the front closet ceilings are clapboard. So I am hoping when we can get to that, we'll find more under the drop ceiling tile in there now.

Next most immediate repairs will include caulking around windows. Winter is on its way....

Back