Happy Accident

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was making Rosemary Mint soap yesterday and planned to do green on the bottom with a bit of copper sparkle mica as a (sort of) pencil line then uncolored batter over top, finished off with a hanger swirl. I got the green in, dripped on my mica mixed with oil, and as I was trying to gently pour the uncolored batter my shoulder did some kind of trick and clunk! The uncolored batter just dumped in. Since one side was already screwed up I decided to dump in the rest. It in no way looks like the design I going for but it ended up being a bit interesting. Every bar has a different look. I decided I needed to share pics here because I know I'm NEVER going to be able to do this again! :oops:

Rosemary Mint 01.jpg

Rosemary Mint 02.jpg

Rosemary Mint 03.jpg

Wow, that's really pretty soap! Just drives home the point, that with soap, you never know what you've got, until you cut it open. What a lovely surprise!

Did you mean to say:

"I got the green in, dripped on my mica mixed with oil, and as I was trying to gently pour the uncolored batter my shoulder did some kind of trick and clunk! Art!"

That's it ~ ART! I meant to say that and I'm sticking to that story, lol.

Those turned out really pretty. What a happy accident. Just tell folks you meant to do it that way. :)

Not only will I say I meant to do it, I'm going to tell them the design technique is a trade secret!

Wow, that's really pretty soap! Just drives home the point, that with soap, you never know what you've got, until you cut it open. What a lovely surprise!

So true, Navigator! I was really irritated with myself when I had the pouring mishap (I mean art) I spent the day on the peeved side. What a surprise I got when I cut it and it actually looked....interesting!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Especially since we all know I dodged a bullet. This could have been posted over in the "post your ugly soap pics here" thread!

Gorgeous!! I love how it's scattered your mica line - it totally looks like it was something you meant to happen rather than an accident

Nice to have to come back to read your reply and see that soap again. Despite saying you can't do it again, I think you should do it again. Intentionally. Make a few variations of color and pattern along the same lines. If you need a name you can call it clunk swirls.

What a lovely soap love the green colour - I know you planned it to look like that couldn't possibly be an accident - could it - sheer genius.

Back