ACK! NDA's new $100 minimum order policy!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also find the Michael's comment offensive. I have no desire to sell. Making soap its one of my many hobbies that balances me out from my desk job. I make for myself, friends and family and would never use the melt and pour crap they sell. I am also not rich, so 100 now puts NDA off off my go list. It makes my local health food store seem even more reasonable.

Pamielynn, just in case you're a member of the soap guild, Lebermuth's lavender 40/42 is 31.80/lb and it's the nicest lavender I've bought (but I have not bought NDA's).

(Lebermuth has a very high minimum order, but that's waived if one is a member of the guild. But their smallest bottle is 16oz)

Pamielynn, just in case you're a member of the soap guild, Lebermuth's lavender 40/42 is 31.80/lb and it's the nicest lavender I've bought (but I have not bought NDA's).

(Lebermuth has a very high minimum order, but that's waived if one is a member of the guild. But their smallest bottle is 16oz)

Hey thanks! I am just now only starting to buy in quantities over 5lbs so I should go look at them again. I appreciate the heads up!

I've found a source in Knoxville TN that has fantastic fo prices but I know nothing about them. Anyone familiar with Aztec?

I'm not familiar with them but jcatblum mentioned them and I think there has been other references.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?p=381414

I finally got my little order from NDA. It took over a week for them to process it. Out of curiosity, I checked fedex rates for shipping from there to me and found if I was shipping the same size box, it would have cost me $1 less to send it. This makes me wonder really how much they jacked it up since generally companies get a better rate because of volume shipping.

Yes, I certainly didn't feel like their shipping price was losing them money. A friend has an MBA so I asked him what I wasn't understanding about the cost of small purchases. He had no idea either. Assuming they're doing this because they somehow genuinely lose money on their small sales, my only guess is that they analyzed data and saw a trend of smaller purchasers taking up more of their customer service team's time vs larger purchasers. Personally I would be very hesitant to lose the hobbyist market and instead I'd increase the prices on small stuff (thus passing along the cost of small customers TO the small customers) and reduce the number of sizes of EOs available (so I could keep less in stock of different sized empty bottles). Or I'd reduce customer service staff to save money and quietly give large buyers a separate VIP email and phone number for faster customer support, and smaller purchasers might have to wait a little longer for support (but leave a voicemail and wait for a call back as opposed to sitting on hold forever)

Hey NDA, are you listening? I have great ideas for you, and they're free! Well, with a $20 surcharge.

I like NDA's 40/42 and it stick wonderful in soap. I have also used a couple of the lavenders from Liberty Natural and they are very nice. It really is sad the suppliers are cutting out the hobbyist.

Back