Recommended Suppliers for the UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm. Never used a blade like that. I've used a knife and I always get drag marks. I usually use a wire. What's best do you think?

That looks much better than the one I have, and what a great idea to add on the wood. Lakeland here I come!!

I've been looking for some EO,s for a while, right price and quality ect, I've not tried fresh as a supplier yet, I i ordered some EOs today. Will let you all know what the quality is like when they come, the prices are fab.

Anyone know of a fragrence supplier in the UK who does Clinique elixier, and what's it called? I'm unless at working out these dupe names !!

Well, used a fragrence from Fresh today, totally riced. No reply from e mail sent them.

Did Fresh ever get back to you about the ricing fragrance? I ordered some essential oils from them and they were used in a batch of soap yesterday, so it's too early to say if the scent will be ok.

I would really love to find a good supplier of EO's and FO' s in the UK. I'm gradually working my way through the suppliers talked about in this thread. Has anyone found an outstanding EO or FO from the UK which they love?

I've just ordered some FOs from scentperfique.co.uk
'warm vanilla sugar' 'frankincense & black cherry' and 'ginger & lime'.
Good prices and reasonable delivery charge. They don't seem to carry essential oils though.

Will report back on what they're like in soap.

Did Fresh ever get back to you about the ricing fragrance? I ordered some essential oils from them and they were used in a batch of soap yesterday, so it's too early to say if the scent will be ok.

I would really love to find a good supplier of EO's and FO' s in the UK. I'm gradually working my way through the suppliers talked about in this thread. Has anyone found an outstanding EO or FO from the UK which they love?

Yes they did come back, they said there should be no discolouring, but there was some. The soap totally riced though, so bad I had to throw it away. I used the frankincense fragrence. Can't say 100 that was the problem as I also added some dried milk. I also bought some EO, geranium, but it does not smell as strong as another one I bought from EOD. Don't think I will be using them again.

Essential Depot update

I phoned them the other day about the opening of their shop in the UK and they said that it will be in January now. They also said that their prices in the UK will be higher than the ones in the US to reflect the transport to the UK. So, we'll have to wait and see...

Yes they did come back, they said there should be no discolouring, but there was some. The soap totally riced though, so bad I had to throw it away. I used the frankincense fragrence. Can't say 100 that was the problem as I also added some dried milk. I also bought some EO, geranium, but it does not smell as strong as another one I bought from EOD. Don't think I will be using them again.

It's a nightmare when a fragrance rices :sad::sad: I bought lavender EO from fresh as well as geranium. They both smell more faint than those I bought from soapmakers store. I tried the lavender in a batch of soap and initially I couldn't smell it at all but I can smell it now. It's quite weak though. I'll have to use them up in creams!

I phoned them the other day about the opening of their shop in the UK and they said that it will be in January now. They also said that their prices in the UK will be higher than the ones in the US to reflect the transport to the UK. So, we'll have to wait and see...

Thanks for the update on Essential Depot. I wondered what had happened to them. When I did an internet search, it showed they had registered a company in England but it wasn't active. Can't wait to check out their products. What are their EO's like?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just ordered some FOs from scentperfique.co.uk
'warm vanilla sugar' 'frankincense & black cherry' and 'ginger & lime'.
Good prices and reasonable delivery charge. They don't seem to carry essential oils though.

Will report back on what they're like in soap.

Have you had the opportunity to use these fragrance oils yet? Can't wait to hear how they behave. TIA

Hello,

When you say "Fresh", do you mean Freshskin or Fresholi?

Freshskin. The fragrence didn't behave, not saying it was definitely that, but I think so. I also bought some EO, they are cheaper than other suppliers but they don't have the same strength of smell, and feel greasy ? Don't mind using them is soap, but won't be using them in face creams.

Have you had the opportunity to use these fragrance oils yet? Can't wait to hear how they behave. TIA

The Ginger & Lime is absolutely amazing! I'll definitely be ordering that again.

The Warm Vanilla Sugar is pleasant but quite mild and I'll have to wait and see whether it will last in the cured soap. Interestingly it did not affect the colour - I'd heard that vanilla always turned soap darker but this didn't (maybe because it's an FO rather than an essential oil).

Haven't managed to use the Frankincense and Black Cherry yet, maybe tomorrow!

Good news about the lime and ginger, it sounds sublime! Really wish I could smell it!

I'm just posting an update on the EO's from fresh skin. Although the lavender was a much fainter scent in the bottle and initially in the soap, it's really come into its own now and smells stronger and really nice. I was a bit worried when I read Welsh Blacks remarks about not using the EO' s in a cream, because that's what I had just tried!! However the scent of the geranium and lavender was lovely. The cream feels exactly the same as all previous creams and is holding up well.

I really wish we had a soapers conference in England, where multiple companies could bring their EO's and FO' s and other products. I'd probably spend a fortune but it would be great to actually smell the fragrances before you buy rather than guess whether you will like them or not! Unless there is a conference that I'm not aware of?????

Thank you for this thread it will be very useful to me Now I wish I knew how to not lose the thread lol

If you look under my account and then subscribed threads, it gives you a list of the threads you've written on or subscribed too.:)I now bookmark my favourite threads as well.

I'm looking for cheapest melt and pour soap bases but not really found much cheapest up to now I've found is £3.90 kg from soap makers

Back