How is soaperschoice organic olive oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earthen_Step

Reaction score
I'm looking for high quality organic olive oil. The last organic olive oil I bought was disappointing from another supplier. I'm looking for a robust high grade olive oil. The California Ranch brand is spectacular, but they don't offer organic yet. Kirkland brand is nice and I might go with them.

Could anyone compare the smell/taste of soaperschoice organic olive oil vs kirkland signature organic olive oil? I emailed them and received no response, which makes me more hesitant. I've been happy with other oils from soaperschoice but I've never tried the olive oil.

I purchased their organic olive oil in a 35 lb cubitainer. I didn't taste it. Only soaped with it to be honest (I may have used some to cook when I bought it but I don't remember) I know I didn't taste it by itself. I don't have a Costco near me to try the kirklands brand although I've heard good things about it!

I still have some left from when I purchased it about 1.5 years ago. It still smells great and has not gone off at all. It gives a dark yellow color in soap since its naturally so dark green to begin with. I can send you a picture of it in a clear glass bowl if you'd like. I don't use it in soap any more as I've decided it's just not worth it for me.

I haven't used that olive oil. I soap with whatever I get from the store. I don't believe in buying extra virgin olive oil save for cooking and even then, I still prefer regular olive oil for actual cooking. It doesn't help that many distributers make a killing for inferior EVOO.

Back