Rants!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been downsizing myself, and keep asking "How did I get all this crap? How." Must end Amazon Prime. Also, no more fragrance oils. No more. Yeah right.

Years of accumulation.
Weeks of cleaning.

6month rule:
If I have not used the item in 6 months I must sell it, give it away or throw it away. ( open bottles of FO's or EO's are exempt)

Try isopropyl alcohol. I cover and wrap my soap and CPOP it at 110 *F and haven't had much ash. But I am using a tiny spray of isopropyl alcohol on each batch now before covering and no ash so far!

Still got a huge clutter problem though.
I had to rewrap a 100 bars of soap because they werent getting any air, the wrap I was using was airtight. As i was totally bored and exhausted I just happen to look at a soap that has been wrapped for over a year with the same airtight wrap. These soaps looked good and I wondered why? The difference.....they are wine soaps. I have been wondering if the alcohol does sometime to the soap besides helping with ash.
These soaps looked as if I made they yesterday.

That's what I love about soap! They don't expire. I made some awesome (or so I thought) Christmas soap that didn't sell very well over the holidays. I boxed them up and will try selling them again this holiday season.

I had to rewrap a 100 bars of soap because they werent getting any air, the wrap I was using was airtight. As i was totally bored and exhausted I just happen to look at a soap that has been wrapped for over a year with the same airtight wrap. These soaps looked good and I wondered why? The difference.....they are wine soaps. I have been wondering if the alcohol does sometime to the soap besides helping with ash. These soaps looked as if I made they yesterday.

I don't know but are you sure it wasn't the alcoholic fumes that fuddled your brain into thinking they hadn't changed, a teensie, tiny bit?

Hmmm. Couple of thoughts... If it was good wine I would have drank it and enjoyed very drop. If it was bad wine, many the soap didn't like it either

Latest posts

Back