Game of thrones! Back at last

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question. I'm no expert in the rule of succession, but...Cersei? Is she really next, after Tommen, in line for the throne?

Well, although I am still reading book one and loving it, I am currently watching season 4 on DVD. Season 5 is already on hold, but not yet in transit, so I don't know if I will be seeing it before I leave on my two-month long road trip. I hope to finish book one this week so I can return it to the library. I can take book 2 along with me and mail it back from the road (I've done this before with library books). If the season 5 DVDs don't arrive in time I'll have to wait until my return and request them again. I wonder how long after a season ends before it ends up in the library. Then, of course the waiting list to get access to it will be an issue. But it will give me a chance to read the other books and that's a good thing.

Well, that was interesting...and convoluted. So I was right, if I followed that explanation correctly, in thinking that it should be Jamie next, not Cersei. And since he was removed from his post as commander of the Kingsguard, it would be possible, although he's never seemed like one to want a position with that much responsibility...maybe now that he sees that Cersei has snatched it out from under him without even consulting him first, maybe he will change his mind, along with the fact that her actions led to the suicide of his last living child...well, I guess that might add enough fuel to the fire and finally push him over the edge enough to strangle her and prove the prophecy to be correct. We shall see. :think:

Wow. Another suspenseful end to a season. It's going to be a long wait for the next book / season. (If the next book does come out). I'm really hoping for Tormund to woo and win the hand of Brienne. She has a bit of hero worship going on towards Jamie and in his fashion he did earn it, but Tormund is the first man who was completely take with Brienne for who she is. He finds her beautiful and captivating because she is powerful and capable and can totally kick butt, not in spite of it.

Back