Puppies!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh! Look at those precious faces! Absolutely adorable and what fun you must be having. Lots of work, I know, but a laugh a minute (at least when they aren't chewing up your favorite pair of slippers, lol). I'm SO thankful I don't live near you. My DH is a dog LOVER so he'd need one... or three....

There will be no problem finding homes for the pups. I'm positive!

No problems at all. Our rescue group already has a waiting list. This breed is quite popular right now, but also very expensive. And in this case, both Mom and Dad are heart-murmur free at 5 years old, which is fabulous. Heart failure is the #1 cause of death for this breed.

Puppies are now in there forever homes! This is the girl, now named Mysti. She will be trained to be a therapy dog.

Girl.jpg

Dad got very attached the biggest boy, formerly Cupid, now Tank. So we ended up keeping one. A little embarrassing since we swore up and down we wouldn't! This is our pack. Left to right -
Leo (black and white on the arm of the couch)
Bailey (the Lab)
Bonnie (brown and white on top of Bailey - puppy mill rescue)
Dixie (another puppy mill rescue)
Keybler
Tank
Oliver (rescue)

Mama Valentine had her surgery on Monday. No teeth pulled, which is great news! Her hair is coming back. She'll be available for adoption soon.

pack.jpg

What an adorable collection of family members you have! It sounds like the other puppies will be very happy in their new homes, and for Mysti to eventually be a therapy dog is awesome. (I don't blame you for keeping one of the puppies.)

We learned this after we decided we wanted him, Tank actually didn't have any other prospective homes. As you can see from the pics, he does not have the classic Cavalier look. Also, he's going to be about 30 pounds, vs the 15-20 that is typical of the breed - they are technically a toy breed. And he is very active and bitey! Honestly - he's a Labrador in a Cavalier suit. Which suits us fine! But a home wanting a typical Cavalier probably wouldn't have been happy with Tank. We were feeling a bit guilty about keeping one and depriving somebody who really wanted him, but now we don't have to feel guilty!

We'll be fostering another litter after Memorial Day. Only for 3 weeks, though, to socialize them. Those are all normal size, no Tanks! So I solemnly swear we will not keep one! (If you don't believe me, I don't blame you.)

I'm so glad that you kept Tank (and got rid of the name Cupid!). He's a gorgeous guy!

Thanks! Between us, my family and I also thought Cupid was a dumb name.

Here's a pic of Valentine and her puppies at their final photoshoot!

We think Tank actually had a different father and we are getting a DNA test done, just to satisfy our curiosity.

Tank is the one on the left.

Mama Valentine has been adopted and is living the sweeeeeeet life in Florida! Her new home is near the beach...on a lake...with a pool. So jealous!

Valentine and puppies.JPG

Last edited:
NEW LITTER!

These puppies were born in March during a cold snap. The breeder kept the mom in an unheated garage. The puppies got cold, so mom rejected them. 4 of the 7 died. The rescue volunteer was, luckily, a nurse and was able to give them subcutaneous fluids and save 3 of the litter.

Puppies-karlie_nigel-sophie.jpg

One week pictures! So precious! These dogs come in 4 colors: Blenheim (brown and white, like Tank and his litter), tri-color (officially called King Charles), black and tan (Prince Charles), and red (Ruby).

tri-litter-03.jpg

tri-litter-04.jpg

Latest posts

Back