Hasn't anyone made choclate soap from the soaping 101 videos?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sexymess

Reaction score
I am attempting to. I have been grinding these
Cocoa beans for 3 days. Will they turn into choclate liquor soon? I have read a bunch of sites for chocolate making, yeah, I don't have all that fancy equipment. What I have now is courser graded coffee looking. It heats up but doesn't go liquid like the stuff she has on the video. I thought about adding cocoa butter but that's already in there. Iam at a loss as what to do. I don't think my stick blender will be able to do a better job than my vitamix. Any suggestions? Double boiler? Ooo I just thought of that. Thank you so much
Title is suposed to say has any one?? No replys??

Last edited:
I use raw cacao powder in a couple of soaps. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgLoKCvtemU
Oh thank you so much.
The reason is simply I wanted to try it. I have made soap with coco powder and it runs brown. This looked fun and I read about some of the benefits of raw
Choclate (or maybe it's in the video) in soap. Just another way to make and have fun, doing soap. Which turned
Into more
Work

This does look interesting. I might add this to my list to try. I still might settle on using cocoa powder and cocoa butter but a soap made with cocoa liqueur has some label appeal.

Oh thank you so much.
The reason is simply I wanted to try it. I have made soap with coco powder and it runs brown. This looked fun and I read about some of the benefits of raw
Choclate (or maybe it's in the video) in soap. Just another way to make and have fun, doing soap. Which turned
Into more
Work
I use raw cacao powder, which will have the same benefits, and I always prefer to take the "Path of Least Resistance!" Pluse I am so used to soap running brown I do not worry about it and just warn customers not to use a $20 white wash cloth. :)

I use raw cacao powder, which will have the same benefits, and I always prefer to take the "Path of Least Resistance!" Pluse I am so used to soap running brown I do not worry about it and just warn customers not to use a $20 white wash cloth. :)

LOL,good advice. I found that out a while ago when I did some testing with a lard soap. I wonder if my auntie liked it.

Oh thank you so much.
Into more
Work

I checked out the video. it does look neat! I hope you didn't take my question as snarky - what I was trying to figure out your goal to see if there was another method to try.

I am thinking her grinder may just be faster and more powerful, and sheer motion and friction is generating more heat. Maybe a dumb suggestion - what about microwaving the beans first?

I checked out the video. it does look neat! I hope you didn't take my question as snarky - what I was trying to figure out your goal to see if there was another method to try.

I am thinking her grinder may just be faster and more powerful, and sheer motion and friction is generating more heat. Maybe a dumb suggestion - what about microwaving the beans first?
Oh your on to something, they use a hair dryer at some point in the chocolate making. I am still going to conquer the raw chocolate soap. The beans cost me mo eh amd I won't waste them lol

My plan has worked so far so good. Soap is made and in the oven for the night. Fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back