SLSA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motherhues

Reaction score
Hello there :)

I have been making soap forever but wanted to experiment with bath melts with SLSA. Does anyone know where to find smaller amounts of it? I don't really want to invest in huge amounts until I know I am going to love it ;) And I really just want to make melts for me and the kids.

thank you!
(I am not new here but I rarely post and almost never in the past few years, lol)

MMS, Save on Citric, & Soapgoods smallest amount for sale is 8 oz, Ingredients to Die For has 1 oz.

I've made bath melts with SLSA and I don't know if you have a recipe yet. I just wanted to mention you have to use a bit more than you would if you were making bombs. The butter/oil seems to decrease the bubbles a little. I think you'll like SLSA. :D

You might as well order a 32 oz can of SLSA, otherwise the shipping will be as much as the product. The Chemistry Store has a 2 lb container for $10.35.

thanks everyone :) I am pretty excited. I am hoping that i can make something similar to the fizzy bath milks from Calgon forever ago. I loved them before I had kids, lol ;) Then I had kids with sensitive skin and my days of Calgon went away just when I needed them most. That and I stuck with the (big quote) "natural" (end big quote) way for so long that I didnt want to use anything "un natural" rofl.... now I just want to play ;) Most of the kids are older now and tolerate a more not so sensitive bath products so I wanted to share goodies with them, and get started on holiday stocking gifts. Including my 2 steps, I have 6 kids between 1 and 12 and so starting early seemed like a good idea ;)

Hazel said:
I've made bath melts with SLSA and I don't know if you have a recipe yet. I just wanted to mention you have to use a bit more than you would if you were making bombs. The butter/oil seems to decrease the bubbles a little. I think you'll like SLSA. :D

thanks for the tip :) I have a starter recipe from another forum so I will go from there and add as necessary. I have never made bombs, just your basic milk and cocoa butter and oil melts with a bit of citric for fizz. Someone mentioned subbing out the citric for SLSA to get a bubbly melt and I am so intrigued I HAVE to try it ;) lol...

soaping and bath crafting are a sickness, I tell ya ;)

Here is a link with my favorite bath bomb recipe. I think you will love these.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUTeFnauLK8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUTeFnauLK8[/ame]

well, i just watched about 20 of the 54 videos, lol...

those bars look fun and super easy to make! I do have a question, though, do you neeeed to make them that bog for one bath or will smaller still make enough bubbles? I was thinking of making tons of sees candy size bon bon ones...

hmmm... I think you may be right and perhaps I should have just ordered a big container ;);) But I am ever so excited for the goodie box coming in the mail THANK YOU!!!

In my experience SLSA makes a lot of bubbles, so smaller is OK. You can always add two to your bath instead of one. :D

Back