My body oil is cloudy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magali

Reaction score
I tried to make dry body oil mist using some light oils (argan, macadamia, hazelnut), IPM, and FO. While I really like how it feels so light on the skin, the body oil looks pale and cloudy in the bottle. I know I can just store it in an opaque bottle, but I'm planning to sell it in a pretty transparent spray bottle. Does the IPM make it cloudy? How to keep the oil color stay true golden yellow?

Unfortunately, with IPM (and also cyclomethicone), some FOs mix clear, while others remain cloudy. It all depends on the constituents that are present in whatever particular FO. To clear the cloudiness up, you can always try adding a bit of PS20 or PS80 to it.

IrishLass :)

Ooh I have ps80, will try using it. Is 1-2% enough? Thanks for the infos :)

I would start with .25% and work up from there if need be. Depending on the FO, it may only need a little, while others need more.

I tried using poly 80 and it turned the oil even cloudier But I love that I can use it as a bath oil! I will try it again using other FO and maybe less IPM.

Ditto what DeeAnna said. I just keep adding PS80 until the cloudiness clears. Some FO's require a goodly amount of PS80, while others require barely any at all.

Latest posts

Back