Professional Image

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lindy! You may want to check into a business that does embroidery for your aprons. Like IanT said, I could see the iron-on tranfers not holding up for very long, and custom embroidery is not that expensive (atleast where I live). I had some things embroidered for Christmas gifts and was surprised at how reasonable the cost was. :)

Yessy yessy yessy.

IanT said:
Jody said:
IMO I think it will drive people towards your store even more... use the law of attraction

That will absolutely work. Have you guys all seen the picture of Lindy on the "Faces" thread? Very attractive!

sexy sexy sexy 8) :shock:

and so say all of us.
Lindy you're gorgeous.
Mary :wink:

x

now this is only my opinion, but to me product presentation is 99% of what makes me stop at a booth. i rarely give the person at the booth a glance. until the product has "taken" me-then i focus on the rep and ask questions.

if i may suggest this, make your display absoloutely STUNNING! keep it simple yet elegant. what i would think of if i was a diva, (and good marketing strategy) dont let the table covering compete with the merchandise. maybe a turquoise blue velour table drape. maybe tall plastic cake stands spray painted gold (cake decorator supply) and edged with a "crystal" beaded trim (fabric store) and white lace paper doilies to set your products on.

space them apart enough that they dont distract from eachother. make them different heights. the lower ones in front and then a middle height and tall in the back. you can use strurdy cardboard boxes or bang some wooden ones together-then cover with your velour drape.

presentation means alot. it reflects you and your product. if you make it look really really special, like you really put some thought and effort into it, there will be a perceive value to the product itself.

anyway, wishing you good luck!

OMG -
6.gif
5.gif
Thank you and I promise to send each of you a new set of glasses for Christmas!!!
5.gif
Consider yourselves all hugged...I promise someday to post the pictures from when I was young and pretty and a model a century or two ago.... :p :p :p

Heartsong - I totally agree that it is the kiosk that is going to get my attention and I was thinking about having a plush fabric laid over a staggered type of set-up with martini glasses, fancy dishes to hold soaps. I`m thinking rich, vibrant colours that aren`t too `heavy`if you know what I mean.

My mom has a programmable embroidery machine and we`re trying to find someone/someplace that can scan the logo and convert it to a disc her machine will take.

I'll check into trademarking here in Canada - it seems to me that the copyright already belongs to me but I'll need to check into the other.

Everyone - I just can't thank you enough!

Cheers
Lindy

Lindy I am so excited for you. I am so inspired by all that you do.
Just don't forget all us little people when you make it big!!
Seriously, you are a credit to the soapmaking craft.

Lindy, you really have got it all together....looks (not that they count :wink:), a wonderful smile, genuine friendly personality, intelligence (it shows through so clearly in your posts), talent and most of all....perserverance.

It will be awesome to say "I knew her when...."

Tanya :)

Aw thank you! If I can get this going well enough to make a living I'll be more than thrilled, I doubt that it will become more than a home business and quite frankly I don't want it to......I love small home based businesses. What would be totally awesome will be the day that I can go out of town only once a month and that day I am really looking forward to because it'll mean that my internet sales are working and I have enough referral business to keep busy. Me thinks that be as big as I'm going to be.....and as big as I want to be....

Your confidence in me in so awesome and so very awe inspiring. I feel really lucky to have it. Thank you....

x

dreams do come true, lindy, but not without a lot of hard work! it's called "paying your dues" which you are doing quite remarkably well!

how do you eat an elephant?.....one bite at a time! LOL!

keep up the great work, you're on the road to success!

monet

Latest posts

Back