% into grams ????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debidebi

Reaction score
Hi there...I have a recipe that gives me grams and im trying to figure out how to turn it into %.
I know how to turn a % recipe into grams /ounces etc but not the other way around..please excuse the stupidity!!!
HELP.

Hi there!

If you go to SoapCalc, it figures it all out for you. Here's the link to their page that figures out grams to percent:

http://www.soapcalc.com/calc/soapcalcWP.asp

You will see on the middle/top of the page that you can click either pounds, ounces or grams. Click on the circle that says 'grams', while clicking also on the circle that says 'grams' over to the far right, under 'Soap Recipe' Then type in your recipe in grams using the grams column. It will automatically calculate your percent amount in the 'Percent' column that is next to the 'Grams' column in the "Soap Recipe" section . I hope that helps, and that I didn't botch my explaination too badly. :)

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
Hi there!

If you go to SoapCalc, it figures it all out for you. Here's the link to their page that figures out grams to percent:

http://www.soapcalc.com/calc/soapcalcWP.asp

You will see on the middle/top of the page that you can click either pounds, ounces or grams. Click on the circle that says 'grams', while clicking also on the circle that says 'grams' over to the far right, under 'Soap Recipe' Then type in your recipe in grams using the grams column. It will automatically calculate your percent amount in the 'Percent' column that is next to the 'Grams' column in the "Soap Recipe" section . I hope that helps, and that I didn't botch my explaination too badly. :)

IrishLass :)

Thanks ..this is great....did it ;-)

Or if you'd like to do it by hand, just add up the total of all the grams. Then divide each ingredient grams by the total and multiply by 100 to get percent.

Back