Bucket Warmer - Would this be ok to use on 50lb Palm bucket?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bucket Warmer - Would this be ok to use on 50lb Palm buc

If it wasn't submersible, I'd say go for it...but unless you are scrupulously clean before and after each use, I would think it could introduce bacteria into your oil. Besides, are you wanting to liquify your Palm to stir it? If it's solid and you want to stir it, I don't think this would help because you COULDN'T submerse it. Something that goes around the OUTSIDE of the bucket would be better in my opinion...kind of like a heating pad or electric blanket. I never have a problem with my oils being too solid because here in Florida, it ALWAYS hot :evil: so maybe I don't understand the need for this :wink:

I keep my palm oil container in the fridge and the back stock in the freezer. Same with coconut and everything else. I carve out what I need and when all is weighed it goes in the microwave. So far so good, no problems.
A&A, I see you're in Land O Lakes. I know you get at least two weeks of weather in the 50s don't you? Brrrrrrr.

Dennis said:
A&A, I see you're in Land O Lakes. I know you get at least two weeks of weather in the 50s don't you? Brrrrrrr.

Two weeks?!?! If I'm lucky, I get to see 10 days below 60! Maybe up there in the far Northwest of Florida you guys get a full two weeks... :lol:
Being a Florida Native (Tampa - Born & Raised), you would think I would just love the heat...but, alas...I love the sunshine and despise the heat. If only there were a place that never got hotter than 80 degrees or lower than 40 degrees :? ...

Thanks for the advice Dennis & Alchemy! Here in the winter it goes below freezing at nights and many times during the days, and the oils are stored in our freezing cold garage :) We'll see how it goes!

Back