LETS DO IT IN 2008!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Smelli, have you ever read the book, "Successnever smelled so sweet", by Lisa Price? She's the founder of Carol's daughter. I see you going as far if not further. I am still working on my goals for 2008.

How exactly does this thread work? How do we help each other out?

If we are picking team mates, I would like to be with Woodi if he/she'll have me. It might help discussing Canadian business laws with someone else whose in the same boat as I am.

pink-north said:
Hey Smelli, have you ever read the book, "Successnever smelled so sweet", by Lisa Price? She's the founder of Carol's daughter. I see you going as far if not further. I am still working on my goals for 2008.

How exactly does this thread work? How do we help each other out?

Well thanks PINK! :) 2008 is going to be interesting for me...

Yes, I have the book.. although I didnt like it. It kinda dragged, some parts were nice. I went to try some of her products in Sephora.. and with regret I didnt like them. Some of the testers were rancid. Ya know, some of the products all of you make, I perfered over hers.

Next year will be alot of marketing and promotions for my business. Getting the word out is important.

I think everyone will pick their partner, and exchange information.
Email addy, IM, etc..

We could also find somewhere where we can have a conference once a month on progress from everyone..
this would be interesting..

I will look into it.

I'm really looking forward to this :D . Do keep us informed. I think this will definately help everyone whose trying to push their businesses forward.

Smell, perhaps you could make some recommendations for pairings for those of us who are newer, just because I myself, am not familiar with most anyone here. k

Hey, that's a great idea GaleryGirl! :) Some of us "old timer" CP soapmakers could have a mentoring partner to give added assistance to, kinda take a newbie under our wing so-to-speak. I know we have at least 6 or 7 experienced cp soap makers as members here. I could take a couple newbies to mentor. How about you Shannan? CPSoaper? Woodi?
Pepperi?

We could have CP mentor/newbie and M&P mentor/newbie. Dragon and Tab could help out with the M&P.
Thoughts turn into actions.... 8)

Paul... :wink:

Maybe I don't have much of a say since I'm a newbie, but I would like to pair with an experienced person that has the same business goals/vision that I have. It seems like it would be a better match that way, yes? :D

I am going to copy & simplify smelli's list to suit my needs:

Simplify my line with permanent year round scents adding a modest number of seasonal scents 4-6x yearly.

Limit the number of suppliers I have to order from

Tweek Sample Sizes for products & distribute the heck out of them

Better Photographs of Products

Update Stock Letter for Wholesale Accounts & re-crunch wholesale cost numbers

Update brochure & catalouges

work on advertising & marketing

We could do mini work shops on some of these issues, 1 at a time.

I would love to do a brochure swap!!! I have done a couple in the past & they ares SO good for getting inspiration!

I love Paul's idea. I would love a mentor, the only thing I would not want to do is inhibit that soaper's progress because I have nothing to offer them in the area of soaping experience. What I do have to offer is this....I have degrees in marketing and fine arts and have had my own business for the last ten years, just recently closed an art gallery. So I can bring a fair amount of experience in those areas. I am a GREAT cheerleader and motivator. I also am pretty good about thinking outside the box. So........anyone need someone like me???? Oh, Lordy, I feel like I just put a personal ad in. :lol: k

Paul I like your idea. I suggested pairing up with Woodi, based solely on geographic location, but that's not the end all or be all. I reallyu want to do this and would like to mentored about building my business. Like smell said, let's do this. :wink:

THis is just an FYI. I'm in the middle of a good business book and thought I'd pass on the info. Mommy Millionaire by Kim Lavine. Smelli I thought of you while reading this. If you get a chance I think this would definately add to your reading repatoire. Don't be turned off by the title it's good for men as well.

Just thought I'd share

Back