~*~ SMF January 2018 Challenge- Hidden Heart Swirl! ~*~
~ Last Look At November 2017 Challenge Photos~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > The Photo Gallery > Made my first soap ever today!

Old 12-17-2017, 04:10 AM   #11
dibbles
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2423 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 2845

Oh, look at the little soap babies! Nice job. You know you *can* cut a little piece off of one of the bars and play with it in the sink (I wouldn't do the shower). Just remember that they will change after they have a chance to grow up a bit. If the rack you are curing your soaps on has wood slats, you might want to put paper towels or some kind of cloth under them. Plastic canvas from the craft store (like for embroidery) also works well.

EOs that last a year. I'd say lemongrass would be your best bet. And patchouli if you like it. Lemongrass isn't my favorite by itself, but I do like it blended with cedar or mint, both of which stick pretty well. Patchouli with 10x orange is one of my favorites.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #12
penelopejane

Liked 2023 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 3069

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSdude View Post
Can anyone suggest a nice EO to go into the Castille? Something that can last the distance. I have three nephews thats why I'm doing the Castille nice and mild for their skin. I'm thinking the one for the kids will be unscented??? What are your thoughts?
If anyone has skin problems (like eczema etc) you are best to give them unscented soap. My DH (he has eczema) can't use FOs or EOs if his skin is flaring up. I can't use EOs.

Great thing is about pure Castile that cures for years is that you don't have to worry about the scent fading.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #13
Susie
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7988 Times on 4390 Posts
Likes Given: 16873

Congratulations! I remember my first batch of soap quite fondly, even though I make better soap now.

If that rack is made out of anything but plastic, I would be sure to put some freezer or parchment paper under those bars.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:34 AM   #14
LSdude

Liked 18 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Ok put the parchment paper down also did a zap test today on both batches. No zap awesome!

Time for salt bars ***rubs hands together****

jewels621 Likes This