Soapmaker 3 Software. Should I buy it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have finally bought the program and love it. Trying to figure out how to put in products I made prior to getting the program.
Would you guys suggest I Input my recipes and then "make them" Then add back in the amount of supplies? I am trying to keep everything straight

I've seen so many people comment on this software and how much they loved it, so I finally went and checked it out, but to my dismay, it is not supported on Apple. :(

Is there anything comparable to this program that can be run on Apple?

I am an all Apple person as well. If you figure out something, will you let us know? Apple has tons of handy templates for record keeping, but I don't remember seeing any soap making tools.

So I have finally bought the program and love it. Trying to figure out how to put in products I made prior to getting the program.
Would you guys suggest I Input my recipes and then "make them" Then add back in the amount of supplies? I am trying to keep everything straight
I didn't enter any batches I made prior to buying the software. You can keep that separate on a date base sheet. For me that was simpler.:D

Woo hoo, this post is number 50 :wave: I don't sell soap like the pro's here, I'm making soap for the Church fall festival and they are selling it. Because I have never priced out the cost of the soap I make and needed to estimate what the church should sell a bar of soap for I downloaded a free Excel sheet. Apple users may have Excel? Somebody already did the formulas which is the most time consuming part of crunching numbers in Excel. It sure isn't the "pro" solution, but it works. I got it from the Soap 101 "pricing soap" video here: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqVNU9eN9DU"]Youtube video [/ame]

The Excel cost calculator link is here (it's old but works with Excel 2010): Excel Spreadsheet

I know it is old thread, but I have question. Can you put everything there, water, lye , additives and will it give you the percentage of it? In Canada we need to fill Cosmetic Notification form and everything must be in grams (metric) and in percentage, Everything that goes into soap, when making one...

I know it is old thread, but I have question. Can you put everything there, water, lye , additives and will it give you the percentage of it? In Canada we need to fill Cosmetic Notification form and everything must be in grams (metric) and in percentage, Everything that goes into soap, when making one...

Yes, it gives you the percentages of everything you enter into the recipe, and you can set it to grams.

When setting up the program the first thing you do is put in all invoices you have for all ingredients, packing materials, etc. now the program knows what things cost.

Next you adjust your inventory to what you have now. Next you add all your recipes, including your packaging.

Now inventory all products you have and "make" those recipes without taking the products from your stock. ( there is a check box). Adjust your quantities to what you have on hand.

From this point forth, you simply enter all invoices, make all recipes (using inventory) and do a formal inventory once per year to adjust.

This takes care of your inventory side of the program.

Latest posts

Back